COOKIES POLICY - MARCH 2021
The BNP Paribas Group is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us. As part of this, we take care to protect your data when you use any of our services and have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website traker-pm.com. This Cookies Policy will also explain what cookies are and help to provide you with options on how to manage or delete them.
1. What is a cookie?
- Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
- Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website (e.g. language, time zone etc.);
- Monitor your use of our Website in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications.
2. What kinds of cookies do we use?
- Cookies used on our Website are classified into different categories.
2.1 Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory)
- These cookies are necessary for the Website to work, and enable you to move around the Website and use the services and features. They include, for example, cookies that collect session ID and authentication data.
- This category also includes cookies that help us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (e.g. detecting repeated failed login attempts to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your account).
2.2 Preference cookies (subject to your consent)
- These cookies allow the Website to remember the choices you made in order to provide functionalities to your benefit. For example, preference cookies are used to collect information about your language and other preferences indicated during your visit on our Website. This enables us to improve your Website experience.
2.3 Analytics cookies (subject to your consent, except in some circumstances)
- These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
2.4 Targeting, advertising and tracking cookies (subject to your consent)
- These cookies are used to provide you with adverts more tailored to you and your interests. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- We may also share this information with third parties through the use of third party cookies. Such information would be used by third parties for online advertising purposes, including to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, for frequency capping (i.e. to limit the number of times you see an advertisement), ad affiliation, click fraud detection, market research, product improvement , debugging and any other purpose. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
- We may also use tracking cookies or device fingerprinting techniques to link your account on the Website with a specific device or multiple devices.
2.5 Social media and streaming content cookies (subject to your consent)
- Our Website may include streaming content hosted by a third party online content provider (e.g. YouTube or Dailymotion) or social media plug-ins.
- We provide further details regarding these third party cookies and how you can manage your preferences in respect of these types of cookies in section 5 below.
3. Who places the cookies on your device (i.e. BNP Paribas Group or third party provider)?
- When selecting which cookie(s) you are allowing on your device, please note that the cookies used on our Website can originate from us or from third parties (those are generally related to analytics functionalities or social media platform integrations). From a practical point of view, this means that when you allow third party-cookies to be placed on your device, that said third-party might have access to certain information about you (such as, for instance, your browsing statistics when you are allowing third-party analytics cookies).
Cookies may be placed on your devices by us, however they may also be placed directly by third parties when you use our Website in order for the relevant third party to:
- Provide us with services (such as Google Analytics services) allowing us to optimize our Website ; or
- Allow you to access content from third parties.
4. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to time limitations:
- The webpages you have visited on that device;
- The advertisements you have clicked on;
- The type of browser you use;
- Your IP address;
- And any other information that you have provided on our Website.
5. How can you manage cookies?
- Managing your cookie preferences: as set out in section 5.1 below;
- Please note that we do not need your consent to use strictly necessary cookies which are cookies which are strictly necessary to run the relevant Website. This is why the ‘strictly necessary cookies’ option is already ticked for you in our cookies preference tool and is not an optional feature.
- It is also worth noting that, by not accepting certain cookies (e.g. preference cookies), you may prevent us from optimizing your experience on our Website, and some parts of them may not function ideally as a result.
- If you change your mind about your chosen cookies preferences, you may update your preferences at any time, either as set out in section 5.1
5.1 Manage your cookie preferences for the Website specifically
- To provide your express consent for us to use certain categories of cookies as outlined in this Cookies Policy, you can tick the optional boxes provided in our cookies preferences tool, accessible at any time using this icon Manage your cookies.
- Please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time.
6. Show all Cookies
||To know more
||List of the partner’s cookies used on this site
||Storage duration of the cookies by the partner (in days)
Google Analytics is a tool with statistical purposes, allowing to better understand the visitors’ behavior on our site. Google Analytics cookies allow to collect data and generate statistical reports, without identifying visitors by Google.
Vimeo is a hosting and sharing platform of online videos. Vimeo cookies allow to offer the visualization on our site of content hosted on an extern site.